Duncan Strauss is the producer and host of Talking Animals, a program about animals and animal issues that airs Wednesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. ET on WMNF (88.5 FM), a community-oriented NPR affiliate in Tampa, Florida. Strauss launched the program in Southern California in 2003, and over the years, Talking Animals guests have tended to be prominent figures in the animal world, or notable people in other fields who have ties to animal welfare. These include Jane Goodall, Alec Baldwin, Temple Grandin, Capt. Paul Watson, and a slew of distinguished figures in the elephant world, among them Cynthia Moss, Dr. Dame Daphne Sheldrick, Joyce Poole, Keith Lindsay, Pat Derby, Andrea Turkalo, Scott Blais, Lily Tomlin, Caitlin O’Connell Rodwell, and Carol Buckley. Strauss is a regular contributor to The Washington Post’s animal blog, and has written for The New York Times Book Review. The Los Angeles Times, Rolling Stone, The Huffington Post, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Free All Captive Elephants, Robin Vitulle – Discussion with Lek Chailert Founder of Elephant Nature Park – ENP 2022
- Viola and Isa – Garden Bros. Circus – March 2018
- How USDA is Failing America’s Captive Elephants
- Elephants, Out of Captivity
- Letter to Charlotte, NC Mayor and City Officials: Ban Wild & Exotic Animals in Traveling Animal Acts