Adrienne Possenti has been an elephant advocate since 2013. She began a letter writing campaign to local newspapers to educate the community on the profound need for legislative intervention on behalf of traveling exotic animals. Interaction and communication with animal advocacy groups and other animal advocates soon developed. Determined, Adrienne convinced her local township leaders to enact an ordinance banning traveling exotic animal exhibitions, ending a 52 year-long circus tradition in her community. A county resolution to ban circus animal exhibitions was put in place with Adrienne’s sponsorship. Adrienne gave testimony in favor of Nosey’s Law in NJ before both the House Appropriations Committee and the Assembly Committee.
- Free All Captive Elephants, Robin Vitulle – Discussion with Lek Chailert Founder of Elephant Nature Park – ENP 2022
- Viola and Isa – Garden Bros. Circus – March 2018
- How USDA is Failing America’s Captive Elephants
- Elephants, Out of Captivity
- Letter to Charlotte, NC Mayor and City Officials: Ban Wild & Exotic Animals in Traveling Animal Acts